With the changes to tax disc rules due to take effect in less than a month’s time, we want to ensure you know what is required of you & when.
- As of 1st October 2014, the DVLA will no longer be issuing paper tax discs
- Vehicle owners are required to have vehicle tax in order to drive, or keep a vehicle on the road
- Autonmatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras will be used to establish if a vehicle is taxed or not
- If you buy a used car, you will no longer be able to benefit from any month’s left on the tax disc
- if you sell a vehicle, then the seller is responsible for notifying the DVLA of a change of ownership (sellers will be eligible for a refund of any full months left on the vehicle tax)
To check whether your vehicle is taxed or not please visit www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk
Here at bmt Promotions, we have been supplying branded car tax disc holders for many years and they have been a great way of advertising your brand or product all year round. Now that the car tax disc holder is becoming redundant, there are many more ways in which you can promote your brand to potential or exisitng customers. For example, branded air fresheners, promotional car stickers, branded key rings, promotional car shades and promotional ice scrapers. All of these promotional items have a durable shelf life and ensure your brand is kept infront of customers for a long time, whilst also ensuring they have a product which is of use.
Did You Know?
- In 2013, 42.2 million tax disc were issued (weighing approxiamtely 72 tonnes!)
- The removal of tax discs will save the tax payer £10 million per year