At bmt Promotions we have a wide range of promotional clothing for charity runs and sports occasions, for work uniform and to wear to promote your brand at exhibitions. Depending on what you need the clothing for will depend on which material you will need your clothing item to be made from.
The two main types of material that we produce our promotional t-shirts, polo shirts and sports shirts from are cotton and polyester.
Cotton is the material most commonly used for producing promotional clothing around the world. As cotton is a natural fibre, it’s a renewable resource and is biodegradable but because of this, cotton tends to be more expensive and isn’t the best option when trying to cut costs on your promotional items.
Polyester is a synthetic fibre and is a less expensive option compared to cotton but, it does have many benefits that cotton does not. Polyester has strong fibres that do not weaken as quickly as cotton, while being stretchy and resilient to wrinkling and shrinking. Polyester dries quickly which makes it perfect for colder weather and is perfect for sports event where you don’t want saturated fabric against your skin.
Polyester is a popular material for promotional clothing for sporting events as it draws moisture from the body, has strong fibres, and has a light weight feel.
Pros and cons of Cotton.
- Cotton is a natural fibre that’s also free of chemicals.
- The material is hypoallergenic and sensitive on your skin making it great for everyday office attire.
- It’s incredibly breathable – making it a terrific option for warm weather.
- Cotton can be more pricey than polyester.
- Cotton is prone to shrinking in the wash.
- The natural fibres can wear down faster than polyester fibres.
- Cotton holds moisture longer which can be a disadvantage in the hot weather.
Pros and cons of Polyester
- Polyester is a strong fabric making it very durable.
- Polyester doesn’t wrinkle or shrink.
- It’s inexpensive compared to cotton.
- It’s highly flexible making it a great material for charity runs and sporting occasions.
- Dries quickly which is a bonus for exercising.
- Polyester can tend to stick to clammy skin.
- It can be temperature sensitive.
- Dye can leak more easily from polyester clothing than cotton clothing.
- Polyester is not as breathable.
For extra information on bmt Promotions clothing range head to our website, call us on 01933 409489 or email email@example.com.